You help Mrs. Smith for 2 hours by digging up her garden. As the recipient of the service, Mrs. Smith credits you with 2 hours. The Time Bank sees your exchange and awards you, the service provider, with an additional 2 hours from the Time Bank account, giving you a total of 4 hours for helping Mrs. Smith.
How to Get Started:
- If you’re not a member, join the time bank by applying at http://timebanklakeco.org
- Once you’re a time bank member
- Log into the Time Bank : http://timebanklakeco.org
- Look at who needs help and connect with them! (Hint: click on the "Requests" button, then click on the "Browse Requests Directory" button.
- Do the work and have the recipient of the service credit you for the time spent.
- Post your own request for help and reach out to time bankers and non-time bankers alike. Tell them about this promotion and get them to join the time bank, if they are not yet time bank members.
Find out more about this promotion and time banking by coming to our June 20th meetup at the Lucerne Senior Center, 3985 Country Club Drive, Lucerne from 9am to 11am.
Time Bankers exchange time instead of money for services. Membership is open to any Lake County resident, business, or organization. You can also drop by the Time Bank office at 307 N. Main Street, Lakeport (open Thursdays from 10 a.m. To 1 p.m)
For more information about Time Bank of Thrive Lake County, visit their website at http://timebanklakeco.org, email email@example.com or phone 707-413-0220.